Are you planning to visit Nicosia? We recommend you to visit Nicosia in WEEK DAYS! Also Nicosia is nice in night time as well. It is one of the destinations we recommend you to visit in October or in winter months because can get up to 45 degrees at summer.
The photo above shows Nicosia wall!
Nicosia of Lefkosia is the capital of Cyprus. Is the only divided capital in the world and people are living peacefully despite the fact.The center of Nicosia is Ledras. The name Ledras represent important history facts. Ledras or Ledraw was one of the twelve kingdoms of ancient Cyprus built by Achaeans after the end of the Trojan War.
It is not a bad idea and you will experience the multicultural and two communities lifestyles.
- View of Nicosia from Shacolas Tower ( Ledras street access by foot)
- Ledra Street
- Verandas in old Nicosia, on the right Leventis Municipal
Museum of Nicosia
- Archbishop’s Palace
- Pedieos river linear park.
- Nicosia Municipality building at Eleftheria Square ( close to Ledras walking distance)
- The World of Cyprus, an acrylic painting with a total length of 17.5 meters by Adamantios Diamantis in Leventis Gallery
- Ayias Faneromenis Street in Ledras ( photos access by foot)
- Momunent of Human Rights in Ledras ( video access by foot)
More photos :
Tourist information office
Getting lost in the small lanes